My candle burns at both ends

My candle burns at both ends
It will not last the night;
But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends-
It gives a lovely light.
Edna St. Vincent Millay

I been busy! I went to Missouri over the weekend with family and failed to document it. It was a personal trip! I got mom to take a photo of one outfit in the Springfield airport. Not wearing sweatpants I was essentially the fanciest person flying that day. What is up with everyone wearing their pajamas to travel? I for one would like to see the day of men in suits and women in their sunday dresses to fly the friendly skies!

Dress- Vintage, thrifted
Moto jacket- Vintage, Buffalo Exchange
Shoes- FRYE
Scarf-a lovely gift

The best part of the trip? Sitting next to the most notorious MADAM from New Orleans. That's right, me and the once great purveyor of a six-hundred girl strong Big Easy brothel had a nice hour long chat. I did confirm that Obama has the hooker vote guys. Right on. She was a very sweet and compelling lady with about one thousand stories to tell. None of which are appropriate to be retold here. The good news is when the FBI busted her she took down half the elite men in the city. Get it girl.

So to keep this blog from fizzling out in the wake of my minds exhaustion I decided to steal the designer quiz from ELLE magazine. Keep in mind these questions are deisgned to be answered by designers. Please feel free to do this on your blog, for my amusement! I love a good Q&A session. Consider yourself TAGGED.

Other than yourself, who are your favorite designers?
Pierre Balmain, Alber Elbaz for Lanvin, Alaia.

If you could come back as a dress, which one would it be?
I'd love to choose a vintage piece but I am going to be honest and choose the Balmain dress Kate Hudson wore last year...to something. It is perfection in my green monster eyes.
Photobucket

If you could come back as a model, who would you be?
Lara Stone! Fo sho.
307tc0l

What's your favorite color?
Apple Green. Or Gold.

What's your favorite junk food?
Tater tots dipped in honey mustard.

If you could have another body, what would it be?
Mine, circa 2000.
OR Lara's.

Who are your fantasy dinner guests?
My daughter, age 18, Barack Obama! Stevie Nicks, June Carter Cash, and the grandpa I never had the pleasure of meeting. Him and Obama at the table would be especially hilarious.

Where's your favorite place to have a drink?
The doug fir in Portland, OR. I enjoy faux rustic interiors.

Last book you read?

Pets?
A bad ass fighting fish named Mousey.

Breakfast?
Not often to be honest.

At age seven, you wanted to be?
A movie star.

What's the one thing you find easy to forgive?
Bad taste.

What's the one thing you find impossible to forgive?
Cruelty to children.

What's your biggest self-indulgence?
Caffeine and TERRIBLE television.

Favorite Place to shop?
Joshua Tree junk shops.

Whose wallet would you like to steal?
Whose wallet wouldn't I like to steal? I mean, honestly, anyone who has more money than I do.

Whose diary would you most like to read?
I don't think I would. I would be devastated if someone did that to me. I would refrain for the sake of my karma.

If you were an inventor, what would you invent?
Spray on denim. Makin money offa the HIP KIDS, yeaaaaa.

What's your nickname?
I honestly do not have one.

When and where are you happiest?
Whenever my daughter and my husband are laughing together in my presence. Wherever that may be.

Who is your best friend?
Jasmine!
l_077572027c0e3f82b330c0dd2bd8f907
maid of honor!!

 I think a lot of people would say their husband but...your husband is not your friend. Don't kid yourself. A best friend should make you feel better and agree with you even when you're irrational. Husbands aren't like that. It is more realistic.

Who is your worst enemy?
Anyone who would hurt my kid. Well, really, I am their worst enemy.

What piece of art would you most like to own?
I know NOTHING about art.

What's your favorite vacation spot?
So far, Joshua Tree.

What's your most treasured possesion?
My great-grandmothers heart necklace

What's your favorite band?
Whiskeytown!

If you weren't a designer what would you be?
Well, I am not a designer. But if I weren't...what I am now, I'd like to be a travel writer

What's your biggest fashion regret?
The years I spent wearing khaki pants while I worked at Starbucks.

Always...
tell them you love them.

Never...
phone it in.

xoxo

7 comments:

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

black tights and brown shoes is my obsession right now. you pulled it off perfectly!

laura k said...

i love this post. and your outfit is just banging, missy!

jasmine said...

first of all - super cute traveling outfit. i looooooooooooove frye!! those shoes are stupidly cute. secondly, are you CRAZY to wear those shoes whilst flying???? my feet would most likely swell out of them, and i wouldn't enjoy life. i get so uncomfortable when i fly. however, i do completely agree that people shouldn't wear pajamas on a plane. lame! i read this really great article a few years ago about always looking cute when you fly, and i've done it ever since.

um...thirdly?...what the hell man?? i didn't know you went to missouri or was it minnesota? either way, I DIDN'T KNOW!

fourthly, i've been in love with the dress kate hudson's wearing in that photo ever since i saw it months ago...i'm kinda shocked that we both obsessively love the same dress - random!

Kallie, Happy Honey and Lark said...

I am in complete agreement about flying clothes. The airplane is NOT your living room. I am a sweatpants hater, firmly believing they should not be worn outside of the house. An airplane really isn't the place for them. If it is an overnight flight, bring them in a bag and change out of them when you wake up.

also, the Kate Hudson dress...*drool*

Stella said...

Love your travel outfit! I agree: I hate it when people go all slovenly on planes...

And am definitely doing the Q & A on my blog. :)

Melissa said...

oohhh funny! i currently work at starbucks and i make a point to never ever wear khaki pants. all black is my friend in this environment.
this blog just keeps getting better! i've been reading since your announcement of it in newestwrinkle.

Rachel Eff said...

WHAT. WHYYYYYY were you in Springfield?