I got my hairs did. All of 'em.


After

MyPicture
MyPicture

Before?

...um, scroll down a year or so people.

Inspiration photos

beautyv7
IMG_1397-1
6a00d8341e7b7653ef00e54f5838e68833-800wi

I'd love to say "so whaddya think??" But the truth is your opinion is rendered meaningless by the fact that I love it so hard. It's huge and retro and fluffy and I want to make love to my own hair. Is that so wrong? My fellow sisters in curl out there know that getting a good curly haircut can be like finding a decent man. Honestly, it is that difficult. I'm not even making some clever joke here.

I can officially and wholeheartedly recommend miss Dawn at Joie De Vie salon on 6th in Austin. Dawn did not mess around, did not look panic stricken at the sight of a head full of chaos, and did not even bat an eye when I mentioned I was wanting an early 80's stevie nicks look. It doesn't hurt that she is a rock chick and we can discuss all things awesome while I am in her capable hands. I can now say that I have a stylist in Austin. WOW. That's like accepting another marriage proposal guys, it is THAT serious to me.

9 comments:

jasmine said...

finally! now you don't have to drive to SAN DIEGO to get your hair done...or did she move back to portland? i can't remember. either place would be equally ridiculous. your hair looks super cute. just like all the inspiration photos. she did a really good job!

Unknown said...

I love it. I think you look absolutely gorgeous.

magnolia*mama said...

thanks to the both of you :)

Emily Frame said...

just had to say... LOVE IT! your stevie nicks' twin!

Unknown said...

Your locks of love are fantastically-fantastic! I have a head of ungrooly locks and when I let it run free it's represents that of a lion's mane! However, it's all about the cut! And yours mama is perfect!

Missa said...

Oh soooo Stevie! Nice!

Katie | FashionFrugality.com said...

OMG It looks amazing! I would love huge curly pretty hair now, PLEASE! Ha ha, in my dreams. :)

epic said...

you have the curly hair of my dreams!! during the summer all i can manage is frizz. :(

meg said...

as creepy as it's going to sound (and i'm well aware that it is... and i don't care), i am hair crushin' so hard right now that i would rather have a poster of that awesome mane you have than a poster of one mr. peter saarsgard -and that's sayin' a lot my friend!